Position: Lead Quantitative Research Analyst
Company: Insurance Organization
Job ID: 23309
- Data Management and Pre-Modeling
• Develops best practices around extracting, analyzing, merging and constructing databases.
• Seeks new databases, including evaluation and acquisition of external data, software, and other tools in support of key strategic initiatives.
• Consults on management information aspects of technology initiatives.
• Identifies the appropriate data for analysis, anticipates integrity issues and other possible roadblocks, and understands potential future uses of data beyond the task at hand.
• Directs, performs and interprets appropriate exploratory analysis such as data mining, empirical data analysis, univariate analysis, partitioning analysis etc.
- Modeling Design & Monitoring
• Provides roadmap to design models using available data, tools and programming languages, supports the implementation in a real-world framework, and establishes monitoring processes to ensure optimal predictive performance over time.
• Shares new ideas on advanced analytical techniques and their application to the business.
- Project Management
• Provides and/or independently gathers requirements from appropriate business partners for project, including necessary data for analysis to be performed.
• Guides implementation of models in real-world framework.
• Develops and manages preliminary project plans, ensures optimal and effective execution on deliverables within agreed upon timeframes, monitors program milestones and critical dates to identify potential jeopardy of projectschedules, identifies ways to remove obstacles, communicates progress and makes recommendations to address issues, and manages any effects on related projects.
• Communicates results and subsequent implications to senior leadership, summarizing analysis findings, in order to build a business case.
• Clearly and concisely presents technical material to a non-technical audience.
• Creates documentation best practices which clearly articulate methods and activities.
• Identifies business problems, champions efforts/solutions and ensures appropriate monitoring
• May provide coaching to team on standard practices and development of core actuarial and problem-solving techniques.
• May have authority to make decisions associated with team deliverables.
- Requires Master's Degree, preferably a PhD, in Statistics/Applied Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or Economics, or a related field plus 4 years of statistical predictive modeling experience, including insurance-specific predictive modeling;
- Or Bachelor’s Degree plus 7 or more years of statistical predictive modeling experience, including insurance-specific statistical modeling.
- Solid understanding of database principles; experience in data manipulation and cleaning; experience in identification and resolution of data issues
- Demonstrated experience in programming languages such as SAS, SQL, VBA, R, etc.
- Advanced PC spreadsheet applications skills including the ability to develop and automate processes.
- Ability to multitask and meet all deadlines with quality product.
- Awareness of typical insurance data sources, both internal and external
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong self-management skills; ability to manage multiple projects and timelines
- Proven ability in complex quantitative analysis
- Excellent problem-solving skills